cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error1

Mike_Klinkowski
Level 2
Hello,
I receive a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error!" when launching the DLO agent on a Precision WorkStation 380 running XP SP2. We recently purchased BackupExec, 10.1(d) running on a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with MS Server 2003. We have not had any problems with the Server software, or any of the other 50+ clients PC's running the DLO agent. I have unistalled/reinstalled and continue to recieve this error.
Any ideas or direction would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
MK
5 REPLIES 5

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- You need to logon as a user with administrative rights to the computer where the Desktop Agent is to be installed.

-- Does that user have a profile created?

-- Under what account is the MSSQL$BKUPEXECDLO Service running?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Klinkowski
Level 2
Hello Shweta,

Thank you for your reply.

- Logged in as Admin, installed, received same error. (Note: we have not logged in as Admin for any of the other DLO agent installs.)

- Yes, the user has a profile, checked spelling, and account correctness

-MSSQL$BKUPEXECDLO Service is running under the Administrator account

This workstation is new and we have just set it up and our setup is basic. Spent a few hours yesterday reading and searching Symantec's KB & Forum messages. Found one document in the KB, under the Server section. Someone had received the same error, but it was associated to upgrading BackupExec from 9.x to 10.x. I read the information and there was nothing in relation to the DLO error I receive. Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
MK

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

From the Miceosoft site install Msxml latest service back and then verify if you receive the same error.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Mike_Klinkowski
Level 2
Hello Tejashree,

Thanks for your reply...

I did as you asked, and downloaded the latest MSXML 4.0 SP2 and installed.

Received a completely different error. The error states that the DLO Agent failed to load

the configuration settings. The error is several sentences long and I can not read the entire

error. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Receive same error of the DLO Agent failed to load

configuration settings. Will keep researching..

Thanks,
MK

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Thanks for the update!

We request you to open a new forum post for each new issue/error!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.