cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error - beserver.exe

Darwin_Blandon
Level 2
During a brand new installation of of 11d I get this message at the end of the installation = "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error - beserver.exe This Application has requested the runtime to be terminated in an unusual way. Please contact the support team for more information." I have read similiar treads on the 10d forums and done most of the suggestions to no avail. This is a new installation, using the defaults on everything, including SQL. We do no have our own version of SQL, but are using the one that comes with the product. The server is Windows 2003 SP1 with all the updates applied. Runing Exchage SP2. Any idea will be really appreciated.

_DB_Message was edited by:
Darwin Blandon
5 REPLIES 5

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Is it a fresh installation of BE v11d or an upgrade?

Also please verify if SYSTEM has full permissions on Source folder, C drive E drive, Programs file and Temp folder.

Regards,

Darwin_Blandon
Level 2
This was a new installation not an upgrade. What I did to fix the problem was removed every file that the installation process had installed, removed SQL the one that BE had installed, removed every instance of MSXML, rebooted the server and re-installed. This was a pain to do, finding every file that it installed, but after re-installing using the defaults it seemed to work.

Thanks a bunch,

_DB_

Florida_Beach
Level 3
I am curious.. Could you please elaborate on your installation configuration for the product to throw an error message like that, but it worked fine with the default installation?.?.?. I have another server that I want to add BE to and I have mutliple drives.. I was considering using SQL 2k, BE and the OS on different volumes..
thanks.

Darwin_Blandon
Level 2
Well, it suppose to work, but when I set it up the first time, I installed everything including SQL to a different volume than the default and then I started getting this error. After trying many things, including posting in this forum and getting no help, I decided to completly remove every thing that BE had installed and just take the defaults on the installation, and that worked for me. I know that it sounds strange but its true...

Nanda_Ronanki
Not applicable
I know it's been a while since this thread has been accessed but knowledge is never old so here you go. The problem is highly likely to be a conflict between Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0. If you have .net 1.1 by default on your server and you install BE 11d on top of it, it could cause a conflict because BE 11d installs .NET 2.0 by default without even asking the administrator whether it is okay to install 2.0.. I came across this problem when I installed BE 11d on a server that was already an IIS server. I was only left with an option to use some other server for one of those applications(BE and IIS). I have logged it with Symantec so will let you know if they come up with something innovative