cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing backup exec agent

mostfa_diaael-d
Level 3

Hello all,

I have to vmware machine i used backup exec 2010 with them i miss to install the agent on them i would ask if install them that will effect on this macchines on anything ..

aslo i have another problem with on of my servers i got this error message

"Unable to create a snapshot of the virtual machine. The virtual machine may be too busy to quiesce to take the snapshot."

and i tried this solution

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129724

but it is failed

Thnx all for your support.

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should install the remote agent on your VM's.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Remove the Vmware VSS provider and install the Symantec VSS provider.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

.... which is automatically done when he re-install the RAWS.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not always, I have had situations where I had to remove the Vmware VSS provider manually, so it's best to check it.

Also when you re-install (or update) the vmware tools you have the possibility that the vmware setup installs their VSS provider again.

mostfa_diaael-d
Level 3

thnx all for your reply

but i would ask if i (install the remote&Remove the Vmware VSS) that will affect on any thing on my machines or not also how to uninstall vmware vss

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You do not have to install Backup Exec Remote Agent on the VM guest machine unless you are using the Application GRT feature (for Exchange, SQL and AD).

For normal backup of VM using the Agent for VmWare there is no need to install Remote agent even if you are using the File & Folder GRT (its required for restore of individual files and folders).

If you are getting the errors mentioned above then make sure that the VMWare Tools is update to the latest version. And also ensure that there is no snapshot of that VM already present on the ESX.

Thanks,

-Sush...

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Mostfa,

See this technote how to remove the Vmware VSS Provider and install the Symantec VSS provider:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129724

It will not affect your virtual machines.

mostfa_diaael-d
Level 3

Hello Sush,

I Checked my vmware tools it is updated also there no snapshot on present on esx

Thnx for your support