cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Symantec 11d to another hard drive

mr2nut
Level 3
Is there any way I can move the database to another drive with more available space?  I only have a few hundred meg left on the C drive so need to get it moved asap without losing our restore information/database.  Can this be done?
2 REPLIES 2

SteveBurkett
Level 3
Yup, have done this a few times in the past. Instructions for how to do this with v10 are here but its very similar to v11d I recall. It uses the BEUtility program that's in your Backup Exec installation directory to auto-move it for you.

steve_burkett
Level 4
Whoops, I misread this. You just want to move the database (.mdf & .ldf files) to a new disk?   In that case this is not really a Backup Exec task, but more a SQL Server or MSDE thing. The basic idea is to shutdown the Backup Exec services, detach the database from the SQL server/MSDE, move the .mdf and .ldf files to your new location, and then reattach them to the SQL Server/MSDE.

A quick look on the net shows a similar sort of thing for Sharepoint Services here, which should give you the idea of what you're trying to do. I would have though the Symantec knowledge base should have better instructions there somewhere.