cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Network User Data folder to new location...

prasad_ganta
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

We are using Backup Exec DLO 2010R3 for backing up .PST. I have moved the Network user folder of one user from one storage lcoation to another. After connecting to new NUDF, the DLO agent again took complete backup of .PST rather than performing the Incremental backup.

The main purpose of changing the NUDF folder to new location is that the user is in remote location so we are unable to take backup. It is taking long time when taking backup to remote location.  So first I backed up to lcoal storage location and then moved the NUDF to remote storage location. Once the agent is connected to New storage location, it is again started taking backup of .PST from scratch.This is waht we want to avoid as backup is very slow through network. I did not amke any changes in the profile after the NUDF is moved to new storage location.

Please suggest if this scenario works(moving NUDF from local to remote) or any changes to be made in the profile ...?

Thanks in Advance.....

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

So you would have used the same steps as outlined in the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO23644#id-SF850133849

I would assume that because you're moving the data from 1 location to another, the first backup will be a full backup, with subsequent backups running faster.

Thanks!

prasad_ganta
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have done exactly the same as psecified in the article. If it would perform full bacukp when I change the NUDF folder location, then it is of no use in changing the folder location. Becuase my intention of changing is that as we have slow bandwidth and when trying to backup to storage at remote location, it is giving Delayed write Failed error. So I tried in this way changing the NUDF folder. When it again backups full, then there will be the same error repeating. So Is there any other option to perform the backup (we are using only DLO).

Thanks in Advance....