cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Multiple browsers opening on their own in IE7

LanceJ
Not applicable

I clicked on X at trusted site and browser windows started opening wildly. Was able to close them by group on the taskbar but all this did is make room for more and they continued opening, had upward of 20 opened at one time. Finally had to shut down computer using power button. Anyone come across something similar and manage to fix it. I've not been aware of any infections I've had before and I suspect this may be one. Other symptoms include Word files appearing on my desktop with names beginning in '~' similar to when you open a word file and have it active. Also am unable to open some file types such as .vb and .aspx files. Says 'Windows Cannot Find C:\Blah\blah\blah' and accuses me of entering a bad file name. I'm not sure the problems are related but they have all appeared in the last day or so. I suspect some sort of malware. I've run a full system scan with Norton Internet Security 2008 as well as Lavasoft's Ad-Aware 2008 and neither has turned up anything that is listed as critical, mostly tracking cookies. If this is familiar to anyone please post back to me. I use my computer regularly for work and am quite concerned about hooking it up to our VPN or Remote Desk Top

Thanks in advance

Lance

0 REPLIES 0