cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple media servers - BE 2012 (v14.0 1798.1244)

Anthonyxp
Level 3

Hello

I have my backup solution running on Windows 2012 with no issues. When I ran a report for Managed Backup Exec Servers my current and the two previous, decommisioned, servers appeared. See below:

Backup Exec Servers Status Stalled No Comm Location Logs History Status   Display Alert Sec
BACKUP Online 300 Msec 900 Msec Local Scheduled Time Scheduled Time 10sec   Yes 0
BACKUP-02 Online 300 Msec 900 Msec Local Scheduled Time Scheduled Time 10sec   Yes 0
BACKUP-01 Online 300 Msec 900 Msec Local Scheduled Time Scheduled Time 10sec   Yes 0

The existing server is Backup.

How do I remove the references to the older servers? I realise that this report might reflect the ownership of the tapes created with these previous iterations but am unsure how to change media ownership to the current system.

Look forward to some guidance.

Thank you

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Tony,

You're going to have to edit this out of the BEDB. However, because Symantec don't publish details on this, I'd recommend you opening a call with them around this. They will be able to do the necessary work so that it accurately reflects your environment.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Tony,

You're going to have to edit this out of the BEDB. However, because Symantec don't publish details on this, I'd recommend you opening a call with them around this. They will be able to do the necessary work so that it accurately reflects your environment.

Thanks!

Anthonyxp
Level 3

Thanks Craig.