cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Framework was detected. Skipping install.

larosan
Not applicable
I am trying to upgrade from BE 9.1 to BE 11d (6235).  During my upgrade I get the following error.

Installing .Net Framework 2.0.
03-07-2008,10:32:01 : .NET Framework was detected. Skipping install.
03-07-2008,10:32:01 : V-225-55: A release candidate version of .NET Framework was found on the server. Remove it using Add/Remove programs, then restart the BE install. ***To search for information about this error, click here
03-07-2008,10:32:01 : Failed to install third party products.

I have several applications that depend on .NET 2.0 Framework.  Uninstalling it is not an option.  Is there a workaround for this?  I went to the technote for this issue and the only thing they suggest is upgrading to the newer version of 11d (7170).  Apparently I can't download the software package unless I have a maintenance contract.  Which I don't and don't think I should need one being that I just spent $400+ on their software (from an online vendor).

Anyone else having this problem ?

Thanks in advance
Nick
2 REPLIES 2

Chris_Tremayne
Level 2
I got this message with a clean install.  I tried downloading 7170 and got the same exact message. 

Ashish_Pandey
Level 3
Partner Accredited
hi,
1st off all during the upgradation from olderversion toa new one it wont ask for .net framework 2.0 re install.Also it is not necessary to uninstall .net framework.Please check if the procedure followed by you is correct and refer to admin guide for the same.If you have queries in upgradation process please write back to me