cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NT4 3013 event on backup server

Paul_McIntosh
Level 2
I am getting a 3013 event on the NT4 SP6a server which is also the BUexec 9.1 server. The 3013 event points to this server, and the backup job running at the time is aborted. The files being accessed are all on the local server. Another job runs the remote server(s) and works OK. This error doesn't happen every night, only once in a while, but when it does the event log is full with hours of this error. The server has to be rebooted to clear the problem.

Any ideas. I have checked out veritas doc 237112 and MS 319122, but they seem to refer to remote servers rather than the local one. The registry setting does not seem to be there at the moment on my server.
4 REPLIES 4

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

a. Check the System Event log for any device errors and use the appropriate steps to resolve those errors

b. Correct any hardware problems, including cables and SCSI termination

For information about troubleshooting event errors, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154690: How to Troubleshoot Event 9 and Event 11 Error Messages

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 92765: Terminating a SCSI Device

c. AntiVirus or disk defragmenting utilities can interfere with throughput when their scheduled operation overlaps backup operations

Stop any antivirus softwares that may be running on the server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

Paul_McIntosh
Level 2
I have looked at these solutions and checked my system, but am still getting the 3013 error, which locks up the system. The events start at the same time each evening. Would V10 be an answer to this?

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Error 3013 (Windows NT) "The redirector has timed out to " usually means that the server you are attempting to connect to is:

Busy and cannot respond before the RDR timeout occurs
Being affected by an overload of traffic on the network
Is on the other side of (or is the location of) a bottleneck in the network

Refer technote:
How to troubleshoot the error message "Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted" found in the Backup Exec 7.x and 8.x job logs, and "The connection to the data to backup has been lost. Backup set canceled" in Backup Exec 8.6
http://support.veritas.com/docs/237406
* this technote also applied to 9.1

Also go through this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;148426

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.