cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to install Lotus Notes Agent to remote computer

Patrik
Level 4
I have installed the remote agent to the notes server, do i have to install the whole backup exec to the server. Or how can i install the Notes agent to the server. The manual is so **bleep** ......

I have installed the Backup Exec to a different computer and will backup remotely Notes.

-P
4 REPLIES 4

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Hi Patrik,

You only need to install the Lotus Notes Agent on the Backup Exec server in order to enable that functioanlity within the application. The Remote Agent is all that needs to be installed on the Lotus Notes server in order to communicate with the Backup Exec server.

Hope that clears things up. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Greg

Patrik
Level 4
Hi Greg,

its working, almost, but when i try to choose the databases on the Notes server it hangs up and i have been waiting for hours...but it won´t do anything, what could be the problem?

Patrik
Level 4
Still not working have tried to start the agent on notes servers, but when i try to choose the databases the system does not do anything waited for 12 hours but nothing, what could be the problem?

Kalle_Saarinen
Level 4
Try re-installing the agent to Domino server. This has helped me to resolve some issues. Seems to me though that BE11 has a lot of issues with Domino. Since the update to BE11 70% of our backups have failed and allmost every time the reason has been Domino backups.