cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWare 6 target -- correct NLMs

Level 3
We have run several versions of Backup Exec in the last few years. We were running 8.6/Windows, then moved to 9.x/NetWare, and we now run 9.1/Windows rev 4691. It appears that in changing versions, the startup environment is not configured correctly.

The target is a NetWare 6.0 SP5 server.

I'm wondering which NLMs should be running on the target.

Currently, I see two identical BE startup NCFs in AUTOEXEC.NCF, BSTART.NCF and BESTART.NCF as follows:

SEARCH ADD SYS:\BKUPEXEC\NLMS
LOAD SYS:BKUPEXEC\NLMS\BKUPEXEC.NLM -tr %1%2

I also see directories on SYS: including BKUPEXEC and BKUPEXEC.NT. Logic suggests that in our current environment, NLMs should be loading from BKUPEXEC.NT.

So, what exactly should be loading from AUTOEXEC.NCF?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
This technote might help you:
Title : How to troubleshoot slow backup of a remote NetWare server using Backup Exec software.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/191634

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Level 3
The Technote referenced in the reply to my original post did not address the question that I had asked. In the absence of a substantive reply, I would have to say that the question has not been answered.

I changed AUTOEXEC.NCF so that I am loading BE NLMs from the BKUPEXEC.NT, and this seems to be working.

Still, I would hope that Veritas would be able to document the correct NLMs that should be loading.

Thanks!

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

AUTOEXEC.NCF will load BESTART.NCF and this loaded from SYS:SYSTEM\ and the Backup Exec is installed in SYS\BKUPEXEC folder. And the NLMs are loaded from SYS\BKUPEXEC and not BKUPEXEC.NT.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply