cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netware Remote Agent

Johannes_Roell
Level 2
Hi,

after installation of hot fix 15 and updating the netware remote agent оn BackupExec Server for Windows build 5220 the error message "Аccess is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device." occurs.
Its the same login account as used before...
4 REPLIES 4

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
After upgrading the media srver you need to also reinstall the remote agent upgraded version.
Also please ensure that the account being use has domain admmin rights.
Recreate the backup job.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Johannes_Roell
Level 2
The remote agent was updated directly after the install of the hot fix 15. The Logon Account I use, is the same like before. Recreating the Backup job does not solve the problem.

Alan_English
Level 3
I had the same issue after applying HF15. The resolution was to install the v9.1 Netware Agents that have been updated for HF15. I don't have the tech doc # anymore. I thought it was strange installing v9.1 agents. Also, you will need to have v9.1 serial numbers to install.

Johannes_Roell
Level 2
Thanks for your help, but the updated Netware Agent is already installed. (9.1 - The Netware Version)

In the meantime I have installed a Test Machine with BE 10 and without hot fix 15.
On the Test Machine it works fine ! Same Logon - Account like on the actual Backup Server...