cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removable backup-to-disk NEC DVD+RW

Tha_Cereal
Level 2
Hi,

I'm trying to use a NEC 3500AG DVD+RW as a removable backup-to-disk device. I've formated disks using Roxio EC 6 and when I make the device It seems to work fine. BackupExec 10 writes Changer.cfg and Changer.cfg to the DVD+RW disc.

After that I can't do much more. Both catalog, new catalog fails with error: Physical Volume Library Drive not found. I've tries to reformat the disc's, restarted the server, reinstalled, removed all other programs using the dvd+rw. But nothing seems to work. Anyone have any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try going to Win explorer and check what is the drive letter for the removable Backup to disk folder.
Check in Backup Exec the removable Backup to disk folder should have the same letter.
If not create a new removable Backup to disk folder and then give the same letter.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253764

Please update the results.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Tha_Cereal
Level 2
Both Windows and BackupExec is using the same drive letter. If I format the disc and tries to make a new removable backup-to-disk device, BackupExec writes Changer.cfg and Changer.cfg to the DVD+RW disc again. And the same error apear when I try to catalog the disc.

Tha_Cereal
Level 2
BackupExec writes Changer.cfg and folder.cfg to the DVD+RW disc ofcourse, just a typo.