cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netware remote agent access is denied

Justin_Dover
Level 3
I had some issues installing the remote agent to my netware server but I found ways around that to get the proper NLMs in there. Now that I have it installed when I try to test the login, I get access is denied. I have tried just the standard username. I have also tried using .username.context as suggested by a document on the support website. I have also tried username.context. Nothing works. I have stopped and restarted the agent on the netware server with the same results. Now what is weird when I setup a new job I can click on my netware server in the selections tab, it asks me for a username and password. I use .username.context and it logs in and lists all of my netware resources on that server. But if I go to the Resource credentials page and to a test, it gives me access denied. The backup failed last night because of this....

Can anyone help? If not I would assume there is no way to go back to version 10 from version 11?
5 REPLIES 5

Justin_Dover
Level 3
Bump for help.

criley
Employee Accredited
I understand that there is a known issue with the 'test credentials' section (Symantec are already looking into this) but this should not affect your actual backups.

What error(s) do you see on your scheduled backup for the NetWare server?

Justin_Dover
Level 3
In the Job Log I get "Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device."

criley
Employee Accredited
Have you worked through this?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/285775

Cindy_Lillge
Not applicable
I had this EXACT same issue, but on a brand-new install of 11d.

I called into Tech Support, and the Netware Technical person said that the Netware Authentication Confirmation piece is a known bug in 11d. If you're positive the Netware user syntax and the password are correct (you MUST use distinguished names - I.e .Admin.OUNAME) you just click 'Next' and continue on with the job without testing the authentication. This worked fine for me after that.

He also said they are going to fix this in a future SP or release.