cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Storage

Robert_Allen
Not applicable
I have a 1 TB device that is attached to the network and mapped to my backup server. Can I use this with Panther. If not are there any SATA/USB external solutions that will work?
4 REPLIES 4

Bebeta_Support
Level 4
Titan code:

VERITAS Backup Exec "Panther" Continuous Protection Server requires that the Backup destination reside on a device seen by Windows 2003 as a local device.
Mapped drives are not supported.

Thank you for posting a question to the Pather BETA testing forum.

shingom
Level 2
I see that "Backup Destination" has to be on a device seen by Windows Server 2003 as a local devices and Mapped drives(Network Drives??) are not supported.

How about Windows 2000 Server families??
Is the same manner applied to Windows 2000 Server??

thanks.

David_Mackey
Level 3
Why in the world wouldn't Veritas support backup with CPS to remote devices? 10d (and earlier versions) include the ability to backup to remote/removable disk - CPS should too.
David.

Stumpr2
Level 6
"Backup Exec 'Panther' is now generally available! The Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (Formerly Backup Exec 'Panther' Beta) has been officially released and is now included with each new license of Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers at no additional charge. For more information on Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers, now including Continuous Protection Server, please visit: www.backupexec.com. As this is now a shipping product, support for Backup Exec 'Panther' Beta will no longer be provided on this forum. For support issues or technical concerns please address through traditional support. "

Here is a link to the Backup Exec For Windows Servers - 10.x Moderated Forum
http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/forum.jspa?forumID=103

Try posting your questions there.