cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install

Kevin_Northcutt
Level 2
Can someone help me with moving Backup exec v10 to a new server. The old server is running w2k and the new server is running w2k3. We are taking the old server out of service. They are both running v10.
5 REPLIES 5

Michael_McKenne
Level 6
Simple.

Install BE 10 on the new server and restore the settings from a tape. I usually don't restore the old catalogs unless I restore from a tape. Keeps your new install clean. Just look up on how to restore the jobs. If you need to restore from a tape, just inventory it. The process is fairly fast.

Kevin_Northcutt
Level 2
Thank you for your quick response. Does moving the BE database do the same thing? Does it matter that I am running two different versions of Windows?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please upgrade the Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 before moving to another server.

Also please refer the following technote. This is applicable for 10.0 as well..
Title:
How to uninstall and reinstall Backup Exec 9.x, or move Backup Exec 9.x to a different computer, without losing job configuration information
http://support.veritas.com/docs/260054

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked
assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Samir_Madi
Not applicable
Hi Kevin,

How did you go with the moving of V10.

We are looking at the same thing, but we have V 8.6 and want to upgrade and move to W2003 Server from W2K.

Not sure what steps to follow. They suggest upgrading to W2003 first but our W2k will not cope i dont think.

So not sure if I can just install BE 10 on 2003 and somewhow migrate catalogs etc onto new machine...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Samir.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Assuming that the provided solution is correct, also there is no update since the previous reply to this post.