cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Media Server Available. Why do I get a VERY slow backup throughput speed of +- 40-60mb/min ??

RubberDuck
Level 2
Hi there

Im currently using backup exec version 11D on a HP ML110 Server. The network has got Gigabit lan, and the server uses onboard SCSI controller. I've looked at reasons why this is backing up so slowly - They mentioned the network, hardware and software.Im using an LTO drive.Please if you can give me some advice on why it backs up at only +- 40-60mb/min?
3 REPLIES 3

Tabula_Rasa
Level 3
I'm going to try to re-do our Backup Exec install and not install Hotfix 14. Our Hotfix 13 machine works OK (about 750MB/min), and our Hotfix 14 box is slower than yours: 20MB/min on better hardware/same network.

RubberDuck
Level 2
Hi Tabula. Do you think that installing Backup Exec again and then loading this Hotfix 13 could solve the problem? How does this hotfix 13 help Backup exec?

Tabula_Rasa
Level 3
At this point I have no new info, I just know that our old server without 14 works fine with the same NIC/SCSI card/switch port/cable, etc. There is also a new full install for BE 11d available that includes all patches including 14 that we may want to try. As soon as I get time to do new install(s) I'll write again.