cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification trouble with Novell Groupwise

Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I am having trouble sending notifications with Groupwise. I am running the following:

Veritas Backup Exec Version 9.1 Rev. 4691

Novell Groupwise Version 6.0.3

I have setup the IP address of the e-mail server and the port just as the e-mail admin has instructed, but, still no notifications are being sent. Anyone have any advice?

Thank you for all of your help.

Best Regards,

Shawn Moore
4 REPLIES 4

bparkin
Level 2
Hi There,

If you have not solved your setup issues with GroupWise I might be able to help.

Are you using a NetWare or a Windows server version of Backup Exec? If you are using NetWare, you should configure the SMTP settings so that the messages going out originate from an existing GroupWise account on your system. ie. when you get an e-mail about a backup job, the originating address should show one that exists in your system. Have a look at the GWIA logs on the Novell box to see what it says it is doing with the message when it is sent to it.

I can't remember if this counts as a relayed e-mail message as well. If it does, your GWIA must be configured to accept an e-mail from the IP address of the server running backup exec.

Hope this helps.

Brent Parkin
Manager I.T. & Security
Dumur Industries

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

1.Please can you tell us whether you can telnet your groupwise server from BEWS server?

2. Also whether you can send and receive mails from the same server.

Thanks,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply