cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working at all

Goofy_Locks
Level 2
Hi there,
I am having some problems with getting notifications working at all. I've never actually got it working. It's a new server installation with v10 and updates patches. I setup debugging and found information contained (see below). This information actually says to connect to port 19 on server01 even though I've set the smpt server to be on port 25.

05/10/06 18:51:43 : NS Sending SMTP mail to blah@blah.com
05/10/06 18:51:43 : NS SMTP error (server =server01, port =19, recipient=blah@blah.com, sender=backups@blah.com)
05/10/06 18:51:43 : NS Error sending SMTP notification(error=0x800e0005)

Where else can I tell the server to use port 25 and not 19 as I assume this is the reason why I can't get any notifications. Also, nothing else is using port 25, I've verified this. I've also successfully connected from the backup server to the exchange server using telnet on port 25.

Your advise would be most appreciated.

Fred.
1 REPLY 1

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Check the setting as per the technote :

How to configure backup jobs to send notification using Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 (includes SMTP configuration)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253178

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.