cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novell Suse

Craig_Minnett
Level 2
Hello,

Our organization is planning to upgrade our Netware 6.5 servers to Novell Suse.

We now back up our Netware servers with Backup exec for windows 11d and use the netware remote agent.

When we upgrade our servers to Novell Suse, will I be able to purchase a Novell Suse compatible remote agent to back them up?

Thank You,

Craig
2 REPLIES 2

John_T__Croson
Level 4
If this is the Novell SuSE linux distro, you should be able to use the RALUS agent. I used the old one on one of my RedHat boxes, and it worked like a champ.

As soon as I upgraded the RALUS with 11d, it didn't like it so much, probably because my box was old, and library files with it. I recall that I rolled them back to the previous version, and it worked fine.

AnneBaumanis
Not applicable
We use Novell OES on Suse SLES9.  We use the Backup Exec for Windows 11d and the  ralus remote agent for linux.  It works with the Novell NSS files if you change one line in the ralus.cfg file (ShowTSAFS=1).

Symantec's Software Compatibility List dated July, 2007, on page 19 says they support SLES9 with Novell OES (look at table footnote).  Weirdly, though, each time we have called Symantec support, we have had to explain to at least three people what Novell OES on SLES9 is and that they support it.  The first time we finally got an engineer who knew to change the ralus.cfg file and all about Novell OES on Suse SLES9.  The second time we called they told us it is not supported.  So I don't know if this is supported by Symantec any longer.