cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC errors on inventory (BE 10.1, Win2003Sp1)...

Mike_Packman
Not applicable
I'm trying to inventory a tape on our DR version of our main DC, but it keeps coming up with ODBC access errors... I have tried the rename and re-create of the catalog folder, the forcing of complete read of tape, etc etc yada yada, also run beutil to repair the database etc....

Last time we did a DR test it worked fine with no issues but a different server had the problem (member sage running SQL2000)....

And if I inventory a tape that's not from our media sets then it's fine...

I have also rebooted the server and tried doing the inventory in DS recovery mode.
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

This error is due to the catalog path in Backup Exec being different than the catalog path in the registry.

To resolve this issue follow steps below:

1. Open Backup Exec
2. Open Tools > Options
3. Click on Catalog
4. Verify the catalog path that appears here is accurate.

. Open regedit from Start > Run

Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.

6. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc
7. Double click on
8. Make sure the path shown here matches path shown in Figure 2. If not, correct the path.

. Stop and Restart the Backup Exec Services by going to Tools > Backup Exec Services > Stop all services
10. After services stop, click on Start all services.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.