cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2010 + DLO 'there is no email program program associated to perform the requested action'

Icem
Level 3

We have a small annoying problem which pops up on windows 7 machines which has Office 2010 and DLO 2010 (we are only using Win 7 and office 2010 64 bit), so not sure if this applies to other versions.

A box appears at windows startup 'There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel'.

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This issue is related more to Windows 7 rather than DLO. Googling around would give you many suggestions with the common one being installation of Outlook 2010 as the email client or repairing a certain registry key if Outlook 2010 is already installed.

Icem
Level 3

actually this only appears to start popping up at login once dlo is installed, if dlo is not installed this is not a problem.

UT_Eddie
Level 1

I am having this exact issue.  Windows 7 64-bit laptop and Backup exec 2010 R2.  I just installed the DLO agent on this laptop and backups seem to work fine, but I am getting the same error message.

'there is no email program program associated to perform the requested action'

Outlook is the default mail program, and file associations are set.  I made a registry change in //HKLM/Software/Clients/Mail and renamed the PreFirstRun entry.  I still get this error message.

Has this been figured out?  Thank you.

skenov
Level 3

EXACT Problem! I found that the agent is installed in 32 bit version, so I think that's the problem.

In the Agent directory we have RAWSX64, SAPX64  (64 bit version) but not DL agent 64 bit!

Any Idea?

WCI-SAW
Not applicable

We are also having the same problem here.  The only way we were able to over come this error message was to downgrade the office version to 32bit.

Symantec needs to update the DLO for 64Bit installs.