cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Agent Configuration Utility

Steve_Sawyer
Level 2
W2K Adv. Server; Oracle 8i, Veritas 9.0, Oracle Failsafe (Cluster)

The oracle account password on the database tab in the oracle agent configuration utility gets corrupted or resets on it's own. When this happens, we have to walk the client through a process of resetting the password. Does the configuration utility have a command line applet that can be used to reset the password? The error message that prompts us to this problem, is "unable to attach to device." I posted a similar question before, but the response was to leave the password blank, however it's impossible for us to do that. We have a lot of clients out there using this configuration. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve.
7 REPLIES 7

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Refer the technote :

How to install and configure the Backup Exec Agent for Oracle
http://support.veritas.com/docs/230362

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Steve_Sawyer
Level 2
Thanks for the information. I've went through the material in the link, and all criteria have been met. Everything works fine for a while. And then intermittently, some of the clients experience the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Can you elaborate more on the issue ?

You have mentioned that for some client its not working. Please let us know the exact issue with it.

Also, what is build of Backup Exec v9.0 that you are using ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Steve_Sawyer
Level 2
Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Server 9.0 Rev 4454.

A review of the message logs indicates "Unable to attach to one of the drives." When this message is discovered, we have the client go into the Oracle Agent Configuration utility and have them re-enter the Oracle Database password. After they re-enter the password, the backup job runs successfully.

On one occasion, the same client experienced this problem twice in one week. Not sure how this information is getting lost or corrupted.

Thanks for your update. I look forward to your response. Steve.

Steve_Sawyer
Level 2
I have found a solution, but have a question concerning modifying a pre-job.
Stopping and Starting the Backup Exec Oracle Agent service does the same thing as re-entering the password. I guess the job looses its connection to the BE Oracle Configuration utility and restarting the service reconnects it.

I've added a batch file to the pre-job command to stop and start this service before the Oracle backup job runs.

Does anyone know if there is a way to modify existing jobs to add this pre-job command using the bemcmd or command line utility? Thanks, Steve.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
From teh Job Monitor, right click the job and select Properties

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.