cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PX502 with Backup Exec 10d

Steven_Foster
Level 2
 hi all,

I'm trying to get a PX502 tape library to come up in Backup Exec ver. 10.1 Rev 5629 on Win2003 R2

It has an DLT-S4 Tape drive in it and both the library and drive appear in Removable Media inside Computer Management but it won't show up in Backup Exec. The tape drive itself shows up but the library won't. I tried disabling both in removable media and I tried each combination and still nothing is found in Backup Exec even with reboots in between. 

I'm all out of ideas and wondering if there is a special driver for it to detect the robotic library?  Any idea please

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

kevin_c
Level 4
 Hi,
You need the latest BE drivers, http://support.veritas.com/docs/285593. To uninstall run tapeinst.exe to remove current drivers, reboot, cancel any windows driver requests as these may put the old drivers on. Then apply the drivers with program above.

Also BE doesn't interact with the removable storage service very well, it's best either to disable the devices from within removable media or to stop the service completely.

Hope that helps

kevin

L_Ivan
Level 3
 Also on the LCD of the PX502 change the emulation type to P2000. I have 2 of these units and nether would show up in BE until I changes the emulation type.

Ivan