cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching BackupExec 9.1 on SBS 2003

Scott_McBride
Not applicable
Good day.
I have a customer that wants to patch their installation of Veritas 9.1 up to service pack 4a.
There were references in the installation instructions that stated that there may be errors noting that the previous service packs must be installed first.
I was uncertain as to whether those messages that may appear are erroneous or if the other service packs do have to be installed first.
I was under the impression that the service packs were cumulative.
Am I okay just installing service pack 4a, or do I have to install the other packs first?

Regards,
Scott McBride, MCP
ABCO Automation, Inc.
2 REPLIES 2

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Normally the SP's Veritas makes are cumulative. The problem with SP4 or SP4a is that Veritas does not seem to be able to make this service pack to install correctly. It will tell you that you need to install SP2/3, or whatever, but that does not seem necessary. If you search this forum for 'SP4' you will find quit a few people had ran into problems while installing SP4(a) and a workaround on how to install SP4. (if you really want to)

If you, after reading those horror stories, still want to install SP4(a), do yourself a favour and make an image/backup of your BE server so you can restore it if installing SP4(a) f***** your system.

Regards
A van der Boom

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note that you can directly install SP4a.It is not required to install the earlier service packs before installing the SP4a.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.