cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Volume Library Media not found

Steve_O_Grady
Level 3
I keep getting this error when trying to duplicate our Backup-to-disk jobs to tape on one of my media servers. There is media availiable in the library and the media sets are set up fine. The duplicate jobs will run fine on one server but not the other. The only way to duplicate these jobs on the other server is to run a new job (not in a policy).

Here is my setup:
-2 WIN 2003 sp1 Media Servers w/BE 10d
-Shared storage option installed
-1 Quantum M1800 (fibre attached)

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Steve
6 REPLIES 6

Steve_O_Grady
Level 3
Has anyone else seen this problem before? I think it might be something wrong with the shared storage option.

John_Pyle
Level 3
Not sure if this will help you or not but I recently also received this error. In our case it was an issue with how we had the "append to media" option set in our jobs. If the job is set to "append to media, terminate if no appendable media exists" and you are using a new tape or one that is full, then the job will terminate and it gave us the same error message that you are getting. We found in the docs where it says that to qualify as appendable media, a tape has to have at least one backup on it. Once we changed the option to "append, overwrite if no appendable available" our jobs have been working.

Steve_O_Grady
Level 3
Thanks for replying John...

I checked and all of our jobs are set to "append, overwrite if no appendable media is avaliable". I am wondering if its a problem with the shared storage. Maybe both servers are fighting to use the library. You would think that the duplicate job would say "ready, no idle device" when the other server is using that tape but it doesnt. Also I have partitioned slots 1-3 in my library so that the other server could grab a different tape and it still doesnt work.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Verify that specific source and destination devices are selected.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Pete_Foret
Level 3
I was receiving the same error and it turns out the terminate job was selected. Once I cleared the check mark my jobs started running with out any errors. Thanks for the tip.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if you have tried the above mentioned suggestions and if it has helped you resolve your query so that we could go ahead with further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.