cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Volume Library drive not found

bbauer
Level 1
Hello,  Was wondering if anyone ever seen this one before?  "Physical Volume Library drive not found"  backup has been running fine.  I just added an additional server to backup to the current schedule , all within 1 job.  And then started getting this error.  The server is an IBM X346, Windows Server 2003 Standrd Edition with SP1.  Tape drive is an IBM LTO 2 drive connected to an Adaptec card that's installed into the server.  I'm running Symantec Backup Exec 10d for Windows.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks,  Bob
7 REPLIES 7

mnixon
Level 2
Hey there,

we too are having the same issue. We have Win 2003 server, BUExec 10d, 10.1 Rev 5629 SP2. It was running fine and now starting last night we get the Physical Volume Library Drive Not Found. We have a Dell 132T Library with two Devices. We have the second device disabled. The inventory goes fine for the first device, slot one. All the other slots look at device 2.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Bobby_Torres
Level 3
Did your tape drive go offline and have to be re-added or has there been any other changes other than adding another server to your existing backp? I have seen this on my VXA tape changer when my tape drive went offline. I added the drive back in and got the Physical Volume Library drive not found failures. Under the Devices tab > Storage Devices > Device Pools I had to add my drive back in. Also make sure your backup job is pointed to the same device that is shown in the previous step.

mnixon
Level 2
well what I finally did was delete the device from the Server's Device manager. It was using the Dell drivers. I had read that Veritas doesn't like the dell drivers. I then loaded it again and used the generic driver and BAM! It's seeing the drive again.

Thanks for the response.

Mike

fosiul
Level 3
Hi
My backupexe 10d was running fine in windows 2003 server (sp1)
I upgrade from sp1 to sp2.
now i cant do any backup.
its saying Physical volume library drive not found
what i can do ?? its HP backup tape drive
please tell me

fosiul
Level 3
SolvedSmiley Happy

Stackhouse
Level 2
What did you do to solve the problem?

Oliver76
Not applicable

I had the same problem. Besides resolving the problem using the tip above I also had to restart every veritas backupexec service under the Services Tab in Administrative Tools! If I didnt restart the services I wouldnt get the backup to start again! Now it is solved =).