Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please enter the unique exchange mailbox name

Simon_Vitali
Level 2
Hi everybody,
Lets get to the point:

Win2000 Server, Backup exec 8.5 getting:
"Please enter the unique exchange mailbox name that belongs to the backup exec sevices account" when expanding "Microsoft exchange mailboxes".

Already applied http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/251041.htm

Still not working...Can anybody help me?
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you logon to the media server as the BackupExec Service account, can you open Outlook and connect to the mailbox?

Can you send and receive EMails?

Can you attach to other maiklboxes and open them?

Simon_Vitali
Level 2
Outlook is not installed on the media server but I can logon to another workstation as the backupexec account and mount its own mailbox and other users mailboxes without a problem. I can also send/receive as the backupexec user.
Im about to reinstall Veritas soon, your suggestions are welcome but I will let you know if the reinstall fixed this problem.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You MUST have Outlook installed on the media server in order to do brick level backups.

Simon_Vitali
Level 2
I dont know what brick level backups are but I CANNOT have Outlook installed on the media server because it is also an exchange server and Outlook and Exchange do not co-exist on the same machine.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Brick Level = Mailbox Backups

Since MS didn't provide an API for this, Veritas came up with the following Kludge in response to customer demands for this capability

Logon to Outlook as the BackupExec Service accout
Connect to the first selected mailbox
Open and Read each item in the mailbox via standard MAPI calls
connect to the next selected mailbox ...

As such, you MUST have Outlook (or some other MAPI client) installed on the BackupExec media server

See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249456.htm

(FWIW, I haven't placed a BackupExec media server on a database server of any kind since v7.2)

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sorry - double Post

Simon_Vitali
Level 2
OK, well installing outlook on the media server is not an option for me. Guess ill have to bckup the mailboxes from another server.
P.S. Reinstalling backup exec and registering the cdo.dll file didnt help one bit.
Thanks for your help
Sim