cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE10d backing up Information Store but Failing on Mailboxes

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
Greetings, ever since I upgraded from 9.1 to 10d my Mailbox store backup fails but the Information Store backup is backed up successfully.

Permissions have not changed nor have any other such changes been made.

The error I get is "Unable to attach to resource".

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

Travis_Clodfelt
Not applicable
Mightt want to check and make sure the Resource Credentials set in the Job Setup/Properties/Resource Credentials log in account belong to an account that has administrative privileges in Exchange (Ezxchange Administrators Group) and the Domain (Domain Administrator) and has a Exchange Mailbox.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
Thanks for the help but all that checks out.

david_chaika
Level 3
You purchased and installed the BE remote Exchange Agent? Try uninstall/repush the agent. If your BE runs under the user Backupexec, make sure it is a domain admin. Windows up to date -what ver.? BE current too?

Create a separate mailbox job to be run manually and see if it works. Or try making a job to backup just one mailbox.

Check the Event Logs on the MSX server.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
I have reinstalled the Remote Client and will see how backups go. I have also noticed that the transaction logs for Exchange are not being flushed even though I have it set to do so.

Thank you

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
The logs are still not being flushed although the backup completes sucessfully. Judging by the logs that are there this has been happenning since I upgraded to 10d.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
I ran a test backup of 1 mailbox this ran sucessfully. I also ran an actual Test Run of the back up that was failing. So at this time I am think I am good.

Thanks for the help

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
do we consider the post as closed then?

If we do not receive a reply withing next 2 buisnessdays, we will consider this post as assumed answred.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
Yes please do. I was able to backup the mailboxes.

I am however having a problem with the transaction logs but I will leave that for another post.

Thank You