cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls help in Backup Exec 11d AD Contents Not Respondind Problem..............

mkmirza92
Level 3

hello all there.

I have a serious probelm with my Symantec Backup Exec 11d. All the backup services are going well. But when i want to browse the contents of AD. It seem to be windows not responding for 2, 3 hours. i m not doing backup of AD already. i want to browse the contents of AD. I cant format the machine because i m running SQL Server + AD + Exchange Server on it as well. So pls suggest me what i can do to troubleshoot this problem.... Pls Help

Thanks in advance
Khurram
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mkmirza92
Level 3

hello

Very many thankx for ur guidence. I solve this problem by Restarting Services with Administrator Account and restarting Computer. First some services were running under Local System Account.... But it is working good now.... Thankx once again for ur clear Guidence...

Many Thankx & Regards
Khurram

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Are you browsing the contents of AD from the Backups or the selection list?

mkmirza92
Level 3
Hello

Many Thanks for the fast reply. i want to browse the AD contents from Selection List in Symantec Backup Exec. i m not taking the backup of AD still.

Regards
Khurram

mkmirza92
Level 3

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

You wont be able to expand AD in the Backup Selections. I believe that you are backing up the System State. Select the System State and your AD will be backed up.

Are you facing issues selecting the System State on the Domain Controller?

mkmirza92
Level 3

HELLO,

Normally Active Directory is working. All the users are connecting. Also all the contents are available in AD. We can browse these as well. I also make a backup of System State using NTBACKUP. It is also ok... But there is some problem i m facing in Symantec Backup Exec 11d. That i cant browse the contents of AD.

Thanks & Regards
Khurram

mkmirza92
Level 3

i also want selection in AD Backup... So thats y i want to browse the Contents of AD..... i think u will get my point.... I m new to Backup Exec Utility so pls sorry u didnt understand any of my message.... !

Dev_T
Level 6

Are you able to select System state on the domain controller....?

mkmirza92
Level 3

hello

Thanks for ur kindness... U r asking that i can select System State on Domain Controller in Backup Exec.... Then yes i can select it On Domain Controller ?

Regards.
Khurram

Dev_T
Level 6

As I understand:
1  : You have Exchange + SQL + AD on a single server.
2  : You want to remove this server and install these applications in 3 different servers.

Is it correct.....?

I am not getting where exactly "windows not responding"

Please attach the screenshot

mkmirza92
Level 3

hello,

i m sorry but Exchange server is not running on the same machine.... But AD + SQL Server is on the same Machines..... ok let me send u snapshot of Symantec Backup Exec 11d where is halts..... !

Regards..
Khurram

mkmirza92
Level 3
hello.,

Is it necessary to run the Backup Exec Services under Domain\administrator or these could be run under Local System Account... Because some of my services were not running under Domain\Administrator so i change these to Local System Account....Backup is going well still but Backup Exec Support tool show me error..."Are the Backup Exec Services & Backup Service Account(s) running with the right credentials?"

Regards
Khurram

mkmirza92
Level 3

hello

Very many thankx for ur guidence. I solve this problem by Restarting Services with Administrator Account and restarting Computer. First some services were running under Local System Account.... But it is working good now.... Thankx once again for ur clear Guidence...

Many Thankx & Regards
Khurram