cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre/Post commands, delete folders after succesful backup

jack_armstron
Level 3
Hey there guys/ladies
Instead of reinventing the wheel, i'm wondering if anyone out there has some canned batch files that you would post, to help me out with this. My batch file writing skills are next to nothing, but I could definatly hijack something already written. I'm basically trying to run a job that will tape archive log files that are getting saved from SQL, and upon a succesfull job, the folders will be deleted.
3 REPLIES 3

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Open a notepad and enter the following cmd:

del C:\folder\*.* /s /q (You can specify any drive where the folder exists).

Save this file as a ".BAT" extension.

Thats it, You can now place this file in the POST CMD section of Backupexec and delete all the files under the PARTICULAR FOLDER
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you want to backup and remove all files in a given folder, why not create an Archive job? An archive job will delete files after a successful backup

If you go with the specified batch file, be sure that you select to run the post command only if the backup job is successful.

jack_armstron
Level 3
Thanks guys!!