cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent backup being fail when one client is off

nickfoster
Level 4
Hi, 

I have installed an configured BE and I start a backup, as usual if one of client to backuped is off the job failed. 

Is there a option to fix it? 

Thanks

NICK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
hi nick,

That's what is supposed to happen- your job did fail. I would suggest creating different jobs for each client (or small groups of clients if you have to). That way your failures will more accurately reflect the state of your environment. 
Of course, you still need to fix the broken client.
And You can configure policy based backups to better manage your backups, this will also help you to pinpoint the exact host being failed easily. 
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi nick,

Nope, there isn't. If you know which server will be turned off on a given day, you could create a selection list excluding it for that day, and then assign another backup job to it. This however makes things a bit more difficult to manage.
Otherwise you've got to edit your selection list when that server is off and exclude it from the backup by deselecting it, and making sure your include/exclude list doesn't have entries for it. Once the server is on, redo everything.
There is no fix for this unfortunately that automatically leaves that server off.

Laters!

shirmal
Level 5
hi nick,

That's what is supposed to happen- your job did fail. I would suggest creating different jobs for each client (or small groups of clients if you have to). That way your failures will more accurately reflect the state of your environment. 
Of course, you still need to fix the broken client.
And You can configure policy based backups to better manage your backups, this will also help you to pinpoint the exact host being failed easily. 
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal