cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Notifications - Only letter page format.

William_Potter
Level 3
BackupExec 9.1(4691) on Windows 2000 SP4

When I configure Notification to be sent to a printer, a page is sent in Letter format. The local pinter is configured for A4 paper. I can't find any way to persuade BUExec to print an A4 format page.

As a result, the letter page waits for letter paper to be loaded on the printer and consequently blocks the printer for other jobs.

I saw a couple of unanswered enquires from early 2004 asking the same question. Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
2 REPLIES 2

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Backup Exec does not use its own printer driver and thereby you cannot configure printer using Printer notification. Instead, it uses Windows drivers to give print outs. I request you to refer to the printer configuration.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

William_Potter
Level 3
Congratulations - you have taught an old dog a new trick.

My first reaction was "you're wrong and I'm going to prove it". So I went back to the printer config where I had set every possible setting (or so I thought) to A4.

But I had missed the Printer Properties / Advanced / Printing Defaults / Advanced / Paper Output / Paper Size which was still set to Letter. Once I changed this to A4, BUExec started printing without a problem.

Thanks for provoking me :)