cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem cataloging bkf files

Enviros_IT
Level 3
I am currently having problems getting a full catalog from a batch of bkf files that have been restored from tape to a local hard drive. I have tried creating a new backup to disk folder and moving the bkf files into it, but when I run a catalog only one server appears in the restore list when there should be three. I have found the files I needed by opening the bkf files directly with software called 'Repair My BKF' but I would like to know how to see all of the servers and files/folders in Backup Exec as I now know they are definitely there.

Please could you also let me know if it makes any difference which file you select to catalog first, as the file names run from B2D000148 to 161, then 571 to 614 and B2D000636. I have tried cataloging 148 first and also 636 and now I receive job error 0x80004005, and also 0xe0000900.

Many Thanks

Martin Dawkins
Enviros Limited
4 REPLIES 4

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
It sounds like the media based catalog might be damaged or missing. I'm feeling a bit lazy, so haven't looked those error codes up, so let me know if they're catalog related or not.
One option might be to disable the "Use media based catalogs" option, found in tools, options, catalog. Then try catalogging again.

Enviros_IT
Level 3
I have tried disabling the 'use media based batalogs' option and get the same result, the only thing I haven't tried is renaming the catalog folder (which I haven't done as I will lose all of my previous catalogs), would this resolve the issue I am having at the moment?

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
The media labels that you have for the files you are trying to catalog - is there existing media in All Media with the same name? If so, I've seen that cause an issue. If so, you can move the media to retired media, then delete it.
If not, you can try renaming the Catlags folder. You'll lose your catalogs temporarily, but you can rename the old folder back to catalogs again afterwards.

Enviros_IT
Level 3
Thanks, I will try that and let you know how I get on.