cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem restoring system state

Alex_Walgreen
Not applicable
I have a Win2K server domain controller which I want to completely restore. I followed Veritas' recommended steps. It all worked fine, except restoring the system state. Veritas says due to a Win2K bug I have to reboot the server and then try to restore the system state again. If I do that, I end up being unable to use backup exec, because -I think- most system state data is already restored, except COM+ class registration database. It keeps complaining that it can't restore COM+.

After rebooting, the temporary Backup exec 9.0 installation does not function anymore. Windows installer does not function anymore so I am unable to reïnstall Backup exec 9.0.

I have tried many times to restore, but everytime it failed. This server is our only server in the network and it contains SQL server too, with the database from our CAD application.

Does anybody know how to overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance!
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

1. Are you doing a manual restore or using IDR?
2. We would like to know whether you are restoring to the same server does it have identical hardware?
3. Do you get a specific error regarding COM+ or the Win 2k bug or any other error?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.