cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with AOFO

Alex_Davison
Level 3
When running backups it is failing with the errors below. It is set with AOFO on and set for BackupExec to choose the best option.
This happens every evening the backup is performed, however if I run a backup of only the server in question during the day it completes fine.
I noticed there were several people complaining of a similar problem, but that was in reference to AOFO with SQL i believe, where as this is for everything.
The error message says to check the event log, but the only entries are in the system log and are:-

The Volume Shadow Copy service was successfully sent a start control.

and then immediately after:-

The Volume Shadow Copy service entered the running state.

Followed 5 minutes later by:-

The Volume Shadow Copy service entered the stopped state.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

This is the section of the log relating to the problem.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\COPSVR1\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008492): Database Query Failure. See the job log for details.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\COPSVR1\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008492): Database Query Failure. See the job log for details.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\COPSVR1\F:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\COPSVR1\G:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "COPSVR1\RMAUDPRNCREDITS". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "COPSVR1\CC3AUDITOR". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "COPSVR1\SOPHOS". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "COPSVR1\HMC". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\COPSVR1\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Network control connection is established between 10.160.8.22:2174 <--> 10.160.8.19:10000
Network data connection is established between 10.160.8.22:2175 <--> 10.160.8.19:2687
5 REPLIES 5

Rob_C_2
Level 3
Any follow up on this thread?

Alex_Davison
Level 3
No follow up, but what i have done is split all servers into their own jobs, and now, even thought the job on the server in question is running at the same time and with the same settings, it is working fine!

Rob_C_2
Level 3
OK.

I will try removing the SQL from the BU and see if that corrects the problem.

It is only coming up with that error when backing up the DB which is on the same server.

Do you have AFO enabled?

Alex_Davison
Level 3
You shouldn't be backing up DB with AOFO turned on, move them to a separate job that has AOFO switched off.

I have AOFO turned on for everything except databases and exchange.

Rob_C_2
Level 3
Thanks for the info :)