cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with BE10 Win2k3 and Netware 5.1 agent

Johan_Christens
Level 3
I haev a newly installed Windows 2003 Standard server running an installation of BackupEXEC 10 (build 5484).

It is going to be used to make backup of a machine running Win2k/MS SQL and on machine running Win2k3/Exchange. The agents running on these machines work fine. I'm abel to do a complete backup withput any errors.

It's also suppose to do backup of an old Netware 5.1 fileserver, and here is the failing point.

I was unable to do a push installation of the Netware Agent from the backup server, so I installed the agent according to the instructions found in ths support document: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276931.htm

Now. I'm abel to create a selection list, and the server is discovered as expected under "Netware Agents", and I'm able to select the desired directories. When I go over to the "Resource Credentials", I specify that it should use the .admin.company account, adn when I do a "Test all" all selected items get the status "Successful".

So fare so good! Everything seems to work, untill you actualy try to run a jobb using the selection list that includes the Netware server. The job fails and in the joblog is sais: "Remote Agent not detected on YODA.NetWare File System." and "Error connecting to the Backup Exec Remote Agent for NetWare Servers. Make sure that the Remote Agent NetWare is running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors"

Any ideas why this happens? And most of all. How do I resolve it? I think I have tryed almost all the related documents on Veritas Support that I can find, but with no luck.

Any ideas?

/Johan Christensson
2 REPLIES 2

Paul_McPherson
Level 2
We had exactly the same problem 2 things you need to look at

1) that the user has rights to the root of the tree (right click the tree and go to trustees). You need to make sure that every tick box is checked for that user

2) Make sure the login on the backupexec server is in the following format .user.context.tree

Notice the leading period(.)

Robbie

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello Johan,

please let us know if the earlier provided solution has helped you resolve the issue. Give us an update on the same.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.