Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Backup of iSCSI Target to tape / disk

mh-kurz
Level 2

Hello,

I've got the following problem backing up my data from an ISCSI Target to tape:

I've several ISCSI Targets (Created on NAS Deluxe NDL-2700T) mounted on my Backup Exec Server (Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition, Backup Exec 11d Rev. 7170 SP5) with Microsoft iSCSI Initator as Persistant Tagets. If I try to backup files from the iSCSI targets, Backup Exec says "Backup sucessfully completed" but only a few bytes where backed up.
If I try to restore some files I can see the first folder hierarchy, but no files and no subfolders.
Same problem occurs if I try a backup to disk.
I don't know, whats the Problem. I think iSCSI target should be ok, because I can access the targets in Windows Explorer an I also can choose any folder and file in my selection list.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this bizzare problem?

Thanks for your replies,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Its just by design it does not print the any warining ...As the correct way to make the selection is under the shadow copy component for the DFs folder ....And the folder being created on iSCSI  volume as nothing to do with it ...
Please maek the post as resolve it the issue is resolved!!
Cheers!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
I guess the files which you are trying to backup are on DFS ... You need to backup those files by making the selection under Shadow copy component ---User Data ...
If you have already backedup shadow copy component check if files are seen in the restore selection under shadow copy components --user data

mh-kurz
Level 2

Thats it, thanks a lot! I adjusted the selection list and now the backup was really successfully completed.

Unfortunately Backup Exec didn't print any warning in its logs that a lot of files could not be written to tape...

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Its just by design it does not print the any warining ...As the correct way to make the selection is under the shadow copy component for the DFs folder ....And the folder being created on iSCSI  volume as nothing to do with it ...
Please maek the post as resolve it the issue is resolved!!
Cheers!!!