cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec Services start error. Pls help

mkmirza92
Level 3
hello 

All the services in the Services.msc are stopped, i tried to start all with the administrator rights. but some services should also run using logon as local system. i have solved this problem once ago but i forget which are those services. Pls anyone can tell me about this error. Any help will be appereciated.  by the way i am using Symentic Backup Exec 11d on Windows Server 2003. Pls reply as quick as u can....

Thankx
Khurram Shahzad
8 REPLIES 8

Dev_T
Level 6
The following services must start on domain account:

Backup Exec Agent Browser (logs on as Backup Exec service account, Automatic startup)
Backup Exec Device & Media service (logs on as Backup Exec service account, Automatic startup)
Backup Exec Job Engine (logs on as Backup Exec service account, Automatic startup)
Backup Exec Server (logs on as Backup Exec service account, Automatic startup)
Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers (logs on as Local System account, Automatic startup)
Liveupdate (logs on as Local System account, Manual startup)
SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) (logs on as Local System account, Automatic startup)
SQL Server Active Directory Helper (logs on as Network Service account, Manual startup)
SQL Server Browser (logs on as Local System account, Automatic startup)
SQL Server VSS Writer (logs on as Local System account, Automatic startup)

Make sure that the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) starts first and then start all the other services...

Hope this helps...

mkmirza92
Level 3
i m have problem even after running all the services with correct login types. i attached the image of the problem... pls help

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi There

Configure the SQL Server BKUPEXEC service with Local System Account and try to start the service.

If the above service starts successfully, try to start BE Device & Media server and then BE Server Service. Both the services should be

configured to use Domain admin account. If any of the above services fails to start check the event id and the error message in the WIndows

System  log. Please post the exact error message for further troubleshooting.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Any update on the issue.

mkmirza92
Level 3

mkmirza92
Level 3

Dev_T
Level 6

I believe that the services are started now and the Backup Exec Server service is stopping at the time of Backups.

Could you please attach the Events in the Windows Event Viewer.

Dev_T
Level 6

One more error  for Exchange authontication:

Create a new account in AD named : symantec with following settings:
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group and Local Admin Group if Exchange is a member server
2  : Create a Mailbox for Symantec, send a test email and oprn it in OWA to activate the Mailbox.
3  : Make sure that the Mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List.
4  : Add the account "symantec" as Exchange Server Administrator in Exchange Management Console.

Hope this helps...