cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Exchange backup to dedup folder

UlrikJPS
Level 3

I am having the problem mentioned in this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH135975&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1289242343655

Does anybody know if a patch have been made to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just confirmed that the issue is still not fixed and the only workaround available as per the technote is " Turn off GRT or use Backup-to-Disk until issue is resolved"

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

teiva-boy
Level 6

The best you can do is open a case with support, and ask them is an EEB has been created for this etrack.  They may have one in beta to try out, they may not.  ONLY Symantec's advanced line support will be able to tell you, not this forum.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just confirmed that the issue is still not fixed and the only workaround available as per the technote is " Turn off GRT or use Backup-to-Disk until issue is resolved"

Thanks,

-Sush...

teiva-boy
Level 6

You know disk space is cheap...  It shouldnt be too hard to make a B2D, backup to that, than duplicate to the Dedupe storage folder.  

Have the overwrite period to the B2D to be really short like a day or two.  I wonder if that would be sufficient?

UlrikJPS
Level 3

Thanks for the answers.

It is just so weird, because it worked initially with backup to dedup folder, and then suddenly after 2-3 successful jobs this error shows up.

I don't want to turn off GRT, so I choose B2D as the workaround until a permanent fix arrives. I hope it will be soon Symantec.... :)