Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Version 10.0

BigHai
Not applicable
Hello,

sorry for my terrible english.
We habe a problem with Version 10.0. If we install Veritas Backup 10.0, we get a mistake if we boot the server. Operating System ist Windows Server 2003.

I have the mistake message only in German.

"Ein Dienst konnte nicht gestartet werden" In the "Ereignisanzeige" we get the mistake that "Die Datei gpt.ini konnte nicht gestartet werden. Richtlinien." Sorry that´s all. What shell we do ?

I have no idea.

Greetings from Germany
Dirk
3 REPLIES 3

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
For non-German speakers, here is his message in case you have other ideas for him to try:

"A service could not be started. In the Event Viewer we get the mistake that The file gpt.ini could not be started. Guidelines"

On my system, these gpt.ini files appear to be version files. If yours is saying it can't open it, perhaps it is set to read only and somethign is trying to write to the file. Do a search on your system for these gpt.ini files and check to make sure they are not set to read only. I have five on my system, and non are read-only.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response.

We request you to update us on this issue.Please let us know if the problem persists so that we can continue the troubleshooting.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.