cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with non-ascii characters in selection

Koenraad_Lelong
Level 4
Hi,
I have a backup job that backs up a Samba-server, via RALUS. Every time it runs it has errors : "access denied to directory". After investigating this (with two times a total crash of the production machine) I found that it has to do with non-ascii-characters in the filename. These are characters like an E with an accent and the like. All files in the directory after such a file are not backed up, but the job continues and gives that error.
The weird ting is that I have a job with exactly the same selection that runs fine (last time it ran, it's a monthly job). When I look at the files to restore them I see those "strange" filenames, and I can restore them.
What's happening ?
TIA
Koenraad Lelong
4 REPLIES 4

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

-- Verify if you are using the latest linux agent v 5.046
-- Also ensure that remote agent service on Backup Exec server is running as local system account

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Koenraad_Lelong
Level 4
Hi,
Because of other issues I re-installed all, latest versions etc. It seems that when I manually start RALUS (./VRTSralus.init) it works. But when I reboot the Linux-machine, and the service starts automatically it does not work, then I get the errors.
Any suggestions ?
Since I did this only once I am not really certain, but I can't reboot often, it's a production machine. As soon as I can, I'll try again and report.
P.S. how can I find out the RALUS-version that is running ?
Regards,
Koenraad Lelong.Message was edited by:
Koenraad Lelong

Koenraad_Lelong
Level 4
I can confirm this now.
My backups ran fine for some days. This morning I rebooted and tried a test-job. Gave me the error. I stopped ralus, and restarted it. The testjob went fine.
So there is a difference between booting and manually starting ralus.
Any suggestions ?
TIA.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

In the Ralus.cfg file check the path Software\Veritas\BackupExec\Engine\Ralus\Encoder= Latin -1

Make the entry Latin -1 and save ,and then reboot the server and verify results.

Thanks,
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.