cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with *subfolders* in /Volumes/

Paul_Banda
Level 3
Hi all,

So we've just upgraded to Backup Exec 11d and installed the BE Remote Agent on our XServe (running 10.4.10) - everything seems fine there. BackupExec finds the published XServe fine, I can select down the file tree okay. It currently looks like /[ROOT]/Volumes/MacArtServer/SampleFolder1, etc. I patched the Remote Agent with the solution here: http://support.veritas.com/docs/286938, so that's up to date. Also tried Icarus-il's solution with checking "Follow local mount points" etc. No luck there.

What happens is the job starts to run, copies the file structure (i.e. folders) /[ROOT], /Volumes, and /MacArtServer, but no subdirectories after that. Just those three items, for a total of 808 bits of data backed up.

It will, however, backup all my system folders and everything (including subfolders) on the system disk ([ROOT]/Volumes/TigerTank/)... not so much luck anywhere else. Oh, also checked the permissions just in case - I gave it a local machine login with an admin account, so it should have rwx permissions on every subfolder and item within /Volumes/MacArtServer.
5 REPLIES 5

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Paul,

What is the OS of the remote machine?  Also, have you tried running the backup with the Root account?

Paul_Banda
Level 3
The OS of the remote machine is Mac OS X 10.4.10, running with the most current software updates. I just tried running the backup with the root account, and still only captured 808 bytes (3 empty directories).

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Can you make sure that Follow Local Mount Points and Remote Mount Points are checked in the job configuration?

Paul_Banda
Level 3
Yes, both options are checked.  Here's what's checked:

Enable single instance backup for NTFS volumes (not necessary, I know)
Backup files and directories by following junction points
Open file backup when AOFO is not used - never
Use AOFO, automatically select open file technology
Preserve change time
Follow local mount points
Follow remote mount points
Lock remote files

No exclusions

Paul_Banda
Level 3
This was fixed, sort of. Installed new version of Mac Remote agent (7170), but backup still wouldn't work. Then changed the following:

* Turned Advanced Open File Option off
* Unchecked Preserve change time
* Unchecked Follow remote mount points

That seemed to do the trick - although I'm not quite sure which one was the culprit yet.