cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems accessing tapes from BackupExec 2010, with BackupExec 2012

paulo_cardoso
Not applicable

Good morning,

I´ve been using Symantec BackupExec 2010 till last thursday, when my server broke. I installed a new server and installed BackupExec 2012, but now I don´t know how to use the information backedup to tapes made with BackupExec 2010, to restore information in the new server. I made a backup of the BackupExec 2010 database, but I don´t know if I can import data from that database to the new one of BackupExec 2012. Can someone give me a solution ??

Yours

Paulo Cardoso

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Paulo,

Insert the tape in the tape drive and run Inventory & Catalog job on the tape. Ones that is completed then go to Backup & Restore tab and check if the required server to be restored is added or not in the server list (this is taken from the catalog)

If the server is present select the server and then click on the Restore button.

This will give the screen about what all data for that server has been backup up and accordingly you can select the required data for restore.

Thanks,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It is probably easier to follow the screenshots in my article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/be-2012-restoring-data-defunct-server

Nabil_polska
Level 4
Employee Accredited

there is no problem,

after the upgrade to 2012, just install the remote machines , check the compatibility list for taper drive some are not supported , install ur device , instert the tape and catalog it  after inventory,

Restore should works without any issues