cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to Redirect Restore using Remote Agent Exchange in Backup Exec 2010.

Guilherme_Bueno
Not applicable
Partner Accredited Certified

I would like to share my problem with you, I have um case opened in Symantec Support but since last week nobody help me with that.

I’m running backups from my Exchange Server 2010 SP1 using the Remote Agent to Exchange from Backup without problems, my backups are finishing without errors.

I just installed Microsoft Exchange Management Tools on my Backup Exec Media Server.

I created one mailbox to use only for restore, called mailboxrestore. I need to do one redirect restore of some messages to this mailbox. My restores are finishing with success, but when I open the Outlook I don’t have any e-mails on my inbox.

When I check this mailbox on my Exchange Server I see that value Total Items is increasing each restore as I run.

I ran one backup of mailboxrestore and Backup Exec copy a lot of e-mails, so I understand that my restore  is working, but I don’t know why I can’t see this e-mails on Outlook.

Someone can help me with that problem?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It would be on the root of the mailbox , when you open the outlook click on root "mailbox -user name "

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried to open that mailbox and check the emails through Outlook Web Access (OWA). May be there could be some issue with the Outlook profile.

Thanks,

-Sush...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Also, ensure no filters applied as mentioned in this KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65004