cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems useing Oracle Agent

Shantanu_Patil
Not applicable
I am trying to backup a Oracle 9.2 instance using Oracle agent and keep on getting the following error
Final error: 0xe0001403 - The logon account specified in the Remote Agent Utility cannot be authenticated. Update the entry in the list of authentication credentials on the media server.
Final error category: Resource Errors

I am able to authenticate to Oracle instance as well as the server.

I am using BE11DMessage was edited by:
Shantanu Patil
4 REPLIES 4

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Shantanu,

If you open up vxmon.exe on the remote server, go to the Database Access tab, and fill in that username information with what you have in the network\Logon Accounts information inside Backup Exec. This user is what is used for the backup server to connect to the remote oracle server.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Shantanu

Don't forget to go to the Backup Exec console, Tools -> Options -> Oracle and edit the list of authenticated servers. You have to add an entry in that list with the name of the Oracle server and a logon account EXACTLY the same as the specified in the Authentication tab in the Oracle's server remote agent utlity.

Regards

Lanxess
Level 3
Hello Shantanu,

Same problem here. Did you find any solution? I am keeping bashing my head with this product.

Clark

CMPeak
Not applicable
I've been having the same problem, it's driving me batty.  I haven't had a good backup of this database now for over three months.  I've called support about it and gotten nowhere..... But I closed out the tickets because my ear starts to ache after being on hold then with a tech for hours on end.