cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems w/ Job Selection List

Henry_Chan
Level 3
Hi,

I've been having problems removing things in my existing job selection list. I tried deselecting a few existing databases but everytime time I click ok, you see the click action but it just sits there. The only way I can get out of the job selection list is by exiting. I tried this in both the gui and the text selection mode.

Any ideas?

Henry
10 REPLIES 10

maxi_maximus
Level 4
You can try deleting the selection list from JOB SETUP under BACKUP SELECTION LISTS. The try recreating.

David_Woodcock
Level 4
I'd say you have the *no more than 35 Servers allowed in your selection list* bug, which Symantec are aware of.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly change the value HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for
Windows\Server\MaxRpcDatablockSize to a higher value.

Setting this value to 0xffffffff will allow any size RPC packet to be recieved
by BESERVER.

You must cycle services after this change..

Thank you,

Shweta

Henry_Chan
Level 3
I can only browse to HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for
Windows\... I don't server \server

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
On the media server or on your desktop?

Henry_Chan
Level 3
On the media server.

Henry_Chan
Level 3
Can I edit the selection list outside of backupexec?

Steve_Broomell
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Selection lists can only be edited in Backup Exec.

Robert_Main
Level 3
Last Wednesday my Wednesday back died in the middle of the backup job. It left the Wednesday Duplicate and Export hanging. So I cancelled the two jobs. Even blew the policy away and decided to recreate it. Unfortunately the old Wednesday backup job is still there. The policy it was associated with is gone and has been replaced with a new policy. I am unable to delete the old job because it says I have to delete it through the policy, but it is gone. I finally put that old job on hold, but how can I delete it?

Chris_Kemp
Level 3
Don't hijack threads.

Now, back to our original question.

The correct key is HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Server\MaxRpcDatablockSize. If it does not exist, create it. Restart your services (make sure no backup jobs are running, doh!) and it should work. I was having this problem at 15 servers, not 35.