cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with RALUS on SUN T5220 - Solaris 10 127127-11

Rod_McRae
Level 2
I'm trying to install the RALUS agent on a new Solaris10 server.  Everything seems to install and start without glaring error.  However, the server never shows up in the media server.
Upon inspecting the log I see the following message in my /var/VRTSralus/beremote.service.log ;
GetAdaptersAddresses: error = 4, ret=-1

I've tried two agents and receive smilar messages;
12 - 1364
and
11D- 7170

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Chad_Mombourque
Level 2

Hey Rod,

Just wondering if you ever found a solution for this problem?  I'm trying to install RALUS on a SUN T2000 box and am running into the same problems.

Thanks,

Chad

CyberPunk_1000
Level 2

I have had exactly the same problem on various releases of Solaris 10 from back as far as 6/06. I found that the backup exec RALUS agent deploys wonderfuly on Netra T105's and Early T2000's but not later models (we have a few) i have managed to track this down to the network chipset.

For some reason the behaviour you see is related to the e1000 chips used in the later T2000's, on the earlier ipge (driver name) chipsets you dont see this.

The work arround i managed to find was to specify the servers manualy by ip from the user selections. At which point they become browsable from the user selections branch.

Hope that helps.

Rod_McRae
Level 2

Hi Chad,

We essentially did as CyberPunk_1000 described...Added the server manually by IP address.  Definitely a hardware issue.

Thanks

Forrie
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I ran into the same problem with 12.5 on the Solaris 10 x86 platform; the work around is fine.

I spoke with Symantec Support and they are investigating the issue; it's not clear to them exactly where the problem is just yet.

FYI.

M_Smitherss
Level 2
Hi

I've run into the same problem.

Agent Directory List 1 (only using a single entry for it) to the IP address of the server but not having any luck.  I still get the error mentioned in the first post, and the Solaris 10 Client is not adding itself to the Media Server.

# tail -f /var/VRTSralus/beremote.service.log

Is there anything else I can try?

# uname -a
SunOS hostname 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc
# pkginfo -l VRTSralus
   PKGINST:  VRTSralus
      NAME:  Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers RALUS Software
  CATEGORY:  system
       ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  12.5.2213
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  Symantec Corporation
      DESC:  Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers RALUS Software
    PSTAMP:  cabal20080917082618_12.5.2213
  INSTDATE:  Apr 01 2009 11:35
     FILES:       42 installed pathnames
                  40 executables
               56778 blocks used (approx)

Hold on a second.  It's listing it as Sparc?

Is there a problem with the installation script? Server is Solaris 10 x86 also running the e1000 NIC Drivers.

Algimantas_Slab
Not applicable
Partner Accredited
I saw that you are using manual IP and user selections. We do the same. The backup goes fine, and restore to till the file exist on the server. If we trying restore file that not exist or was  delete, we get error "Access is Denied", E0008488.

Does anyone has solution for this case?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I belive this issue is covered (but not fixed) by
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/316840