Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with restore to RSG

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi,

I am running BE 11d, build 7170.

I have a backup featuring, among other things, an Information Store backup. The backup was completed with GRT.

I am following the guide here:

But my backup is failing with the following:

Final error: 0xe000ff00 - Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted or because the Recovery Storage Group is not properly configured. Use the Exchange System Manager to check the configuration of the Recovery Storage Group and the mount status of the databases.

I have positively checked multiple times, and the Recovery Storage Group is not mounted, as does have the "This database can be overwritten by a restore" ticked.

I have checked the temporary restore location and it exists and is writeable.

The event viewer of my Exchange 2003 server suggests that my main (NOT RSG) storage group was dismounted as the backups ran, suggesting the restore isn't redirecting correctly.

I have looked at the "Redirect Exchange sets" which suggests a "redirect to rsg" option, but it also states it is for Exchange 2007 only.
Any assistance appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
So I'm responding to my own post.

The issue appears to be this one:

This is highly frustrating as none of the guides discussing how to backup/restore ever raised this issue.

My backup type is performed as "Full - Database and Logs".

I can't find anything on how to make my backup a "normal" backup in order to facilitate this. What am I missing?