cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Indicator/ Estimated time remaining/ Estimated total bytes etc doesn't display etc

Dave_Catchpole
Level 3
Only recently, and not server specific is an issue where the pre backup scan doesn't appear to run properly in order to estimate the total bytes to backup and as a result to estimate how long a backup job is likely to take. The only time I do get a percentage complete display is when the job is on the verification stage, but still there is no estimated time remaining.

Although the backup itself runs, it's somewhat inconvenient to loose this feature for no apparent reason.

Is there a known issue/fix for this?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Message Edited by Dave Catchpole on 04-11-200712:56 AM

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I know that you can turn this off/on by either selecting or de-selecting "Enable Progress Indicators"  from one of the Tools options (sory, don;t remember exactly where)
If this comes and goes on the same media server, have you tried a running a database consistency check?  See http://support.veritas.com/docs/276073

Dave_Catchpole
Level 3
I've already checked the option to use this feature in the options dialog and it is set to on, just performed a database consistancy check and that passed fine but still no progress is displayed.

Very strange..

Dave_Catchpole
Level 3
Curse of the newer remote agent strikes again..

Just run a backup job on one of our other servers and the pre scan works. so looks like we'll be forced to upgrade our other backup server to v11d in order to maintain full functionality.